- 1 Introduction
- The Lasoo website (www.lasoo.com.au) is owned and operated by Lasoo Pty Ltd, a subsidiary of Salmat Limited (ACN 002 724 638). In these terms and conditions, "we", "us" and "our" means Lasoo Pty Limited (ACN 122 895 318). Please read these terms and conditions carefully as they apply to your use of our website (Website) and the service offered by us on the Website as described in section 2 (Service) below. By using the Website and the Service you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time by updating them on the Website. The revised terms and conditions will take effect when they are posted. If the terms and conditions as so revised are unacceptable to you, you must stop using the Website and Service.
- 2 Service
- The Website provides (among other things) an aggregated retail promotions web portal featuring multiple products and services supplied by third party vendors. Lasoo provides you with the opportunity to research product offers and promotions online, before proceeding to purchase items in-store. Product offers and promotions on Lasoo are feature rich, fully searchable and browseable and are made available in-sync with the printed promotions you may receive. Lasoo is purely a research tool, and does not provide online purchase functionality.
- 3 Your use of the Website and Service
- You use the Website and Service at your risk. You must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any material or content, including reliance on the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any material or content. We endeavour to provide a convenient and functional Website and Service, but we do not guarantee that your requirements will be met or that any content will be uninterrupted, error free or that the Website and Service or the server that operates them are free of viruses or other harmful components. Lasoo does not and cannot provide any warranty in relation to goods and services advertised for sale on the Website by third parties. While we may attempt to keep information on the Website and Service current and accurate, we do not make any warranties or representations about the currency or accuracy of any information on the Website or the Service. To the extent permitted by law, everything on the Website and in relation to the Service is provided to you "as is" and "as available" without warranty or condition of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, any implied warranties of accuracy, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. We exclude all representations and warranties to the full extent permissible under applicable law.
- 4 Registration
- You may be required to register with us in order to make use of certain features of the Website and Service. Where you are required to register: (a) you must provide us with accurate, complete and current registration information; (b) you must safeguard any user name and password which we provide to you; (c) you authorise us to assume that any person using the Website or Service with your user name and/or password is either you or is authorised to act for you; (d) where your user name and/or password is specific to you, you must not allow anyone else to use your user name and/or password; (e) you agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your user name and/or password or any breach of security of which you become aware; (f) you may cancel your registration at any time by notifying us; and (g) we reserve the right to discontinue or cancel your registration in our sole and absolute discretion without notice to you if you do not visit the Website or use the Service for an extended period of time, if you breach any of these terms and conditions or any applicable law or if we conclude that your conduct impacts on our name or reputation or violates our rights or those of another party.
- 5 Posting
- The Website and the Service may contain material or content uploaded, posted, emailed or otherwise electronically transmitted by users of the Website, including you. We reserve the right to access or examine any such material or content and at our discretion, move, remove or disable access to such material or content which we consider breaches any law or is otherwise unacceptable. You acknowledge that we may remove any material or content posted by you at our sole discretion and that we have no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any communications or content posted on the Website or through the Service. If you use the Website or the Service, you are solely responsible for any material or content posted by you. In using the Website or Service, you must not: (a) violate any applicable laws; (b) impersonate any person; (c) post any material or content that: (i) infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party or post any material or content that you do not have the right to post; (ii) is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, misleading, invasive of another's privacy, harassing, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable to any other person or entity; (iii) contains any unsanctioned advertising, promotional materials, or any other forms of unsanctioned solicitation, including without limitation junk mail, spam, chain letters or any unsolicited mass distribution of email; (d) distribute viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of any computer hardware or software; (e) collect or store personal data about other users of the Website or the Service; or (f) engage in any other conduct that inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Website or the Service.
- 6 Your representations and warranties
- You represent and warrant that: (a) all material or content that you post is true, accurate and not confidential to or owned by any other person; (b) you will not use the Website or the Service for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions; and (c) all material or content posted by you is owned by you and our use of such material or content does not infringe or violate the intellectual property rights or any other rights of anyone else. You licence us to use, modify, adapt, publish, display, sub-licence, create derivative works from and incorporate in other works, any material or content posted by you, at any time in the future in any form and for any purpose and you warrant that you have the right to grant this licence.
- 7 Copyright
- You acknowledge that the Website, the Service and all related content are subject to copyright and possibly other intellectual property rights. Lasoo grants you permission to access and use copyright material only for private purposes. All rights not expressly granted under these terms and conditions are reserved by us. You must not modify, copy, display, retransmit, distribute, sell, publish, broadcast or otherwise use the Website, the Service or any related content other than in accordance with the rights granted to you under these terms and conditions. For reproduction or use of Lasoo copyright material beyond such personal use, written permission must be obtained directly from Lasoo or the relevant copyright owner. If given, permission will be subject to the requirement that the copyright owner's name and interest in the material be acknowledged when the material is reproduced or quoted, in whole or in part.
- 8 Trademark
- Lasoo, the Lasoo logo, Lasoo.com.au and other names of Lasoo products and/or services referenced in these terms and conditions and the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lasoo. Other product and company names referred to on the Website may be the trademarks of their respective owners. You must not use our trademarks or registered trademarks in connection with any product or service that is not offered by us, nor in any manner that may reflect negatively on us, the Website or the Service, or on the goodwill, name or reputation of us, the Website or the Service.
- 9 Intellectual property
- We retain all right, title and interest in and to the Website, the Service and all related content, and nothing you do on or in relation to the Website, the Service or any of the related content will transfer any intellectual property rights to you or (other than the rights expressly granted to you under these terms and conditions) licence you to exercise any intellectual property rights unless expressly stated by us.
- 10 Content
- In addition to the Intellectual property rights mentioned above, "Content" is defined as any graphics, photographs, including all image rights, sounds, music, video, audio or text on this Site. Lasoo tries to ensure that the information on this site is accurate and complete. Lasoo does not promise that Lasoo’s Content is accurate and error-free. Lasoo does not promise that the functional aspects of the Site or the Service, or Lasoo’s Content will be error free or that this Site or the Service, Lasoo’s Content or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. We always recommend that all users of the Internet ensure they have up to date virus checking software installed.
- 11 Accuracy of Information
- The product information in Lasoo is based on information collected from merchant web sites. If price information changes on a merchant’s site, then this updated information does not appear in Lasoo until the next time that the merchant’s site is ‘crawled’. In instances where a merchant's price is different from the one shown on Lasoo, consider the price listed on the merchant's site to be the correct retail price.
- 12 Indemnity
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Lasoo, our officers, directors, employees, agents, subcontractors, licensors and suppliers, from and against all claims, actions, demands, liabilities and settlements, including, without limitation, reasonable legal fees, arising in connection with your use of the Website or the Service or resulting from, or alleged to result from, your use of the Website or the Service, or your violation of any of these terms and conditions.
- 13 Limitation of liability
- Certain rights and remedies may be available under the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth) or similar legislation of other States or Territories and may not be permitted to be excluded, restricted or modified. Apart from those that cannot be excluded, Lasoo and its related entities exclude all conditions and warranties that may be implied by law. To the extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of any implied warranty or condition that cannot be excluded is restricted, at our option to: (a) the re-supply of services or payment of the cost of re-supply of services; or (b) the replacement or repair of goods or payment of the cost of replacement or repair. We will not be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential or indirect damages, loss or corruption of data, loss of profits, goodwill, bargain or opportunity, loss of anticipated savings or any other similar or analogous loss resulting from your access to, or use of, or inability to use the Website or Service or any content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, negligence, in equity or any other legal theory, and whether or not we knew or should have known of the possibility of such damage.
- 14 Variation of the Website and Services
- You acknowledge that we may, in our sole and absolute discretion and without any notice, vary, modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any or all of the Website or the Service and you agree that we are not liable to you or any third party for such variation, modification or discontinuance.
- 15 Links and advertisements
- Our Website often includes advertisements, hyperlinks and pointers to web sites operated by third parties. We have not reviewed all of these websites and are not responsible for the content or accuracy of any off-site pages or any other web sites linked to the Website (including without limitation websites linked through advertisements). The inclusion of any link does not imply that we endorse the linked site, and you use the links at your own risk. Your correspondence or dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers on these websites are solely between you and such advertisers.
- 17 Termination
- If you breach (or we reasonably believe you have breached) these terms and conditions, or if we determine (or have reason to believe) you are engaging in conduct that breaches any law or regulation or infringes upon our rights or the rights of any other person, we may deactivate, cancel, suspend or terminate any aspect of your use of the Website or the Service without notice to you. We will have no further obligation to you. Except as specifically provided for in these terms and conditions, upon deactivation, cancellation, suspension or termination, you will not be entitled to any compensation or damages, nor will you be relieved of any obligation you agreed to or incurred during your use of the Website and the Service.
- 18 General
- (a) If any part of these terms and conditions is held to be unenforceable, the unenforceable part is to be given effect to the greatest extent possible and the remainder will remain in full force and effect. (b) These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia. (c) These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between us and you in relation to the Website and your use of the Service and supersede all other (prior or contemporaneous) communications or displays whether electronic, oral or written, between us and you in relation to the Website and the Service. (d) Your use of the Service is conducted electronically and you agree that we may communicate with you electronically for all aspects of your use of the Service, including sending you electronic notices. (e) The provisions of these terms and conditions which by their nature survive termination or expiry of these terms and conditions will survive cancellation of your registration or termination or expiry of these terms and conditions.
- Lasoo Competitions Terms & Conditions
- 1. Information on how to enter and prize details forms part of these conditions of entry.
2. Entry is open to residents of Australia only. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Entry is only valid if competition question is answered. Limit one prize per customer. No responsibility accepted for lost, late or misdirected entries.
3. Judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. The competition commencement and closing dates are published in the Lasoo Competition information.
5. All entries become the property of the Promoter - Salmat Digital. The Promoter reserves the right to use the content of winning entries for the purpose of future promotions.
6. The prize draw will take place no later than 10 working days after the Lasoo Competition closes, at Salmat Digital headquarters.
7. The winner will be notified by email within 21 days of promotion closing date.
8. The promoter is Salmat Digital Pty Ltd (ABN 67 122 895 318) of Level 1, 116 Miller St, North Sydney NSW 2060.
9. Salmat Digital accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to prizes in transit. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner. This clause does not affect, and is not intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have, which are not able to be excluded under applicable Australian consumer protection laws.
10. In the event of that the prize item is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize item of equal or greater value. Except with the written consent of the Promoter, prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The Promoter has absolute discretion as to whether it will provide such consent and need not provide any reasons to any person for providing or withholding consent.